Monday, March 21, 2011

Our family is adjusting quite well to daylight savings time. Everybody in the family has had some sort of illness.  It started out with Rachel and Ella.  Rachel has an intense cough and energy draining bug.  Ella had a double ear infection, then Owen followed.  Ella would wake up with right eye pasted together in gunk but it would quickly get better as the morning progressed.  Owen.....well he just does not complain.  Owen and Ella both were put on amoxicillan.    It was great  He thought his "ears were broken" and his "tummy was not working".  The most amusing part though was Rachel and I were fellowship hosts for the 8:30 service.  We were not keeping a close enough eye on Owen who was eating lots of powdered sugar doughnut holes and drinking apple juice by the gallons.  Right in front of Kate Hirning he hurled this foamy white mixture.  He did not bat an eye.  He just rubbed his mouth clean and did this little dance/gymnastics move he has been working o and ran back to the table for more apple juice.  I think she was a little appalled, but Rachel and I were proud of our little guy.
During the week, I took the kids to Washington Park while Rachel worked on report cards.  We decided to take advantage of the longer sunlight.

3/9/11 Washington Park boat ramp
Ella found me hiding in a thicket of salal
Despite both being sick, Ella was her usual playful self.  I hid in the Salal but she she found me.
Later that evening, Owen worked on his magnetic toys.  We finished the week off with an attempt to climb up to Sugarloaf, but I think the kids just did not have the energy in them.  I brought popcorn so we sat on a log, ate some popcorn and turned around.
hiking up Sugarloaf trail and eating popcorn
When hiking, Owen is now at the stage where I have to tell him to "wait".  He is running along the trail.  Ella can amazingly keep up and has tremendous balance.  She is a real trooper and likes to check things out along the trail.

On Friday I had a lab practical.  I had to do a 25 minute treatment session on a patient with "osteoarthritis in the right knee and tight hamstrings".  I was fortunate eneough to have the time to practice.  Rachel held down the fort at home and my lab partner was awesome.  After my practical was done, my teacher pulled me off to the side and said "Wow Jesse, last quarter I was concerned about whether you were going to pass and now I am watching and learning from you on how to do a treatment".  After that, whatever bug has been floating around got me.  It felt like someone ran fullspeed into the middle of my back or something.  My whole body was sore and energy low was low.  My appetitie was fine.  On Sunday I did a long trail run with Jude (about 7 miles around the base of Mt. Erie) and I think I elevated my body temperature eneough to kill off the bug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment