Sunday, April 10, 2011

Physical Therapy Job Fair

On 4/9/11 I went to the UW Rehabilitation job fair.  I met with several facilities and clinics.  Notable clinics o follow up for Fall/Winter Clinical Affilications:
HCR Manor Care, contact Lynwood DOR, Wendy Jones PT (did not submit my resume)
Discovery PT, Amy Irene Lynch- smaller private clinic, she was seeking PTA that works well with pt and PT staff and said "we can always train for the skills".  I submitted my resume
Stanwood Camano PT, Jen Chesnut ATC- talked to Jen for about 20 min, clinic treated high motivated pt w/ focus on treating them to be rehab as if they were an athlete, they took interns, had Fall openings, give PTA a client load, can get lots of experience.  This is a must for follow-up, submitted resume.
RET Physical Therapy Group- did not talk to anyone at the booth (other students were talking each time I went to the booth), got flyer, has clinic in Smokey Point and Lake Stevens (several others south)
Physiotherapy Associates- talked to Darren Mott 2x, made a good impression, looking for PTA's that are self-starters, high motivation, work well with pt's
IRG- spoke with Jason DPT, he gave me Caryn Morawek's card, has clinic in Everett- great clinic, Jason was 31, very active, sports rehab
The Everett Clinic- last booth I visited, can not remeber the females name, she specialized in pedes, would consider a PTA student, opening up office in Marysville and Smokey Pt in 2012 (need to find her name)- submitted my resume

No comments:

Post a Comment